Optimisizing your website for the search engines is the next step after successfully completing search engine submissions.
Many websites are already indexed but still fail to appear within the top results due to a lack of proper optimization efforts.
It should be a given that your website appears when searching for your company name. However, these are people who obviously
already know about you. The real benefit is when your website appears at the top for generic search terms that describe your products and services.
There are many different elements that should be considered when optimizing a website for greater search engine exposure, such elements are:
On Page Optimization
- Meta Data: Meta data is information that is found within each web page. The main meta data fields used are page title, description and keywords.
- Page Copy: How copy is written for your website can also affect the performance of your site within search engines, this includes headings and formatting.
- Internal Linking: Linking is the action where by one page is linked via either text or an image to another page within your website.
- Coding: How a web page is built can considerably affect how it performs within the search engines.
- Navigation: This will determine if search engines can access all the pages within your site and more so, how effectively.
Off Page Optimization
- External Linking: How many other websites are linking you your webpages?
- Directory Submissions: Another great way to help build links back to your website.
- Social Bookmarking: A great way to share you favourite pages with the rest of the net.
- Press Releases: Another great way of increasing online PR for your website.
- Newsletter Writing: Write a newsletter article and submit it to link sites that offer regular newsletter to there readers.
There are many SEO tools available. We recommend
the following ones:
|» Boost Traffic||Search Engine Optimization and Submission
This professional SEO tool will simplyfy the optimization of your website for top search engine rankings. Detailed reporting and powerful SEO tools, optimize your website like a PRO! Create your free account today
|» KeywordDiscovery||Search term Suggestion Tool – Free Trial
Keyword Research is by far the most important part of successful SEO and effective PPC (Pay Per Click) campaigns. Keyword Discovery is the best place to go to find out what keyword to use and when. Free Trial Available.
|» SEO Toolkit||Get Top 10 Google Rankings
Get top 10 rankings on Google & Yahoo with Trellian SEO Toolkit, the proven search engine optimization software tool. Trellian offers everything you need for website optimization, link building, search engine submission and much more. Top ratings. Free download.
Outsourcing Search Engine Optimization
There can be a great deal of work involved when optimizing your website. You may want to consider outsourcing the SEO work if you don’t have the time or experience to do it on your own.
AddMe has partnered with a handful of respected global SEO firms. These companies are ready to help you with your search engine optimization campaign (big or small).
Receive a free SEO quote by filling out this short form.