- Google Tools To Help You Master Search Engine Marketing
- How Does Local Search Work To Grow Business in 2018?
- The No.1 Thing You Must Do For Your Facebook Page
- How to Choose Your Company’s Voice
- Top Search Engines For 2018
- The Right (and Wrong) Way to Handle Negative Customer Reviews
- 6 Social Media Practices That Boost SEO
- We Increased Our Social Sharing By 300%
- Boost Customer Loyalty With These 5 Email Marketing Tips
- Online Review Monitoring – Do You Monitor Your Business Reviews?
- How Does Local Search Work To Grow Business in 2018? on
- How to Use Twitter Effectively on
- How to Use Twitter Effectively on
- Get Free Website Traffic on
- July 2015 Poll Result: How do you currently create most of your content? on
- Google Has Turned HTTPS into a Ranking Signal on
- Be Selective with Guest Blog Submissions on
- From Nobody to Influencer: 5 Tips to Building a Successful Blog on
- Start Driving Traffic to Your Online Business on
- The End of “Crapographics” is Now on
Category Archives: Poll Results
UPDATE: We have compiled all the results from the survey – you can view the survey results here Thank you very much to all who contributed.
We value your feedback and are constantly trying to improve what we’re doing to ensure you get value from the AddMe web marketing tools and services.
Please take a moment to fill in this survey, it’s only 5 questions and will take about 60 seconds.
Here are the poll results for August 2015. Thanks to 2,498 people who took time to take our poll.
Question: What is the biggest factor in trying out a new service?
Here are the poll results for July 2015. Thanks to 2,680 people who took time to take our poll.
Question was: How do you currently create most of your content?
- I hire someone. 1323/2680 (49.37%)
- User-generated content. 1262/2680 (47.09%)
- I do it myself. 95/2680 (3.54%)
Here are the poll results for June 2015. Thanks to over 3,900 people who took time to take our poll.
Question was: How important is a domain name to the success of an online business?
- Very important – 238/3993 (5.96% )
- Somewhat important – 1845/3993 (46.21% )
- Not important – 1910/3993 (47.83% )
So, a majority of respondents said that a domain name is not important to the success of an online business. I generally agree with this statement, but I think there are instances when a domain name can significantly help a business. For example: Using a premium or EMD domain can bring in a considerable amount of type-in traffic. Also, having a short memorable domain name can help with repeat visitors.
Here are the poll results for May 2015. Thanks to over 4,500 people who took time to take our poll.
Question was: Is your website mobile-friendly?
- Yes 254/4509, (5.63%)
- No 2163/4509, (47.97%)
- I’m not sure, 2092/4509 (46.40%)
Nearly half the respondents said their website was not mobile-friendly, while another 46% were not sure if their website was mobile-friendly. This left only 6% of poll-takers who were sure their website was ready for mobile devices. I was a little surprised by these results considering the anticipation and release of Mobilegeddon update last month.
For those of you not sure whether or not your website is mobile-friendly, you can use this tool to check: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/
For our January 2015 poll, here was the question: For 2015, what areas of Internet Marketing will your focus on?
Thanks to 3,670 people who took part in our monthly poll. Here are the results:
- Email Marketing: 739/3670 (20%)
- All of the Above: 694/3670 (19%)
- Banner Advertising: 688/3670 (19%)
- Pay Per Click or SEM: 668/3670 (18%)
- Content Creation: 676/3670 (18%)
- SEO: 205/3670 (6%)
I found these poll results to be very interesting and unexpected. I was expecting SEO to be at the top of everyone’s list, but that was not the case. In fact, it came out at the very bottom of the list. I’m getting the sense that people are less optimistic about doing SEO in light of Google’s heavy algorithm updates in recent times.
For our December 2014 poll, here was the question: How optimistic are you about your holiday sales this year (2014)?
Thanks to over 2,100 people who took part in our monthly poll. Here are the results:
Here are the poll results for the month of September 2014. Thanks to over 2,500 people who contributed to our poll.
Question: What is your preferred choice of communication when doing business online?
- Phone 1040/2515 (41%)
- Email 763/2515 (30%)
- Chat 712/2515 (28%)